President's Day Weekend
February 16-19, 2018
USA Hockey Sanction # 17.18-CS-32
Many Divisions are full or close to being full. If you register and are asked to be on the Wait List, please sign up for the Wait List. As soon as we get 2 teams on the wait list in one division, we may be able to expand that division.
New - High School Varsity and JV Divisions!
SCHEDULES will be posted here after entry deadline
VENUES - tentative rink assignments will be posted here by Dec. 1 at the latest
- Escondido Iceoplex
- Poway Ice Center
- Salvation Army Kroc Center
- San Diego Ice Arena
Click Here for venue directions.
The below divisions will be accepting entries. Some divisions may be combined and some may be split due to the number of entries. If your team's division does not fill, you will be contacted to play up or receive a refund. Many divisions fill quickly and the tournament normally fills completely by early December, so register early.
- 8 & Under (Mite) A-Half Ice, B-Cross-Ice
- 10 & Under (Squirt) A, BB, B
- 12 & Under (PeeWee) AA, A , BB, B
- 14 & Under (Bantam) AA, A & B
- 16 & under AA
- High School JV /16 & Under (Midget) A
- High School Varsity /18 & Under (Midget) AA & A
We plan to offer both High School divisions and age group levels. Once entries are confirmed, we may combine some of the older divisions and divide some younger divisions.
Entry Fee includes guarantee of 4 games, great competition, top referees, Gold, Silver & Bronze medal presentation, and opportunity for your team to participate in a Torch Lighting Ceremony before the San Diego Gulls game. Fees are non-refundable after December 15, unless a division does not fill.
January 1, 2018
Sign up early - many divisions fill up quickly
- Cancellation deadline - December 15, 2017
- If a team cancels before Dec. 15, there is a $100 cancellation fee
- Non-refundable after December 15, 2017
MANDATORY HOTEL BOOKING POLICY
To participate in the 2018 California Winter Games, all teams are required to book hotel accommodations at one of the listed CSG host hotels offered at discounted prices. See Hotel Discount page for details on rates and how to book your rooms.
Teams choosing not to book hotel rooms at our host hotels are required to pay a $100 Deviation Fee per team made payable to California State Games. Upon completion of paid Deviation Fee, teams are accepted into the tournament. Deviation fees may be mailed in or paid online through our registration system.
Exemptions: Teams residing in San Diego, Orange or Riverside County are exempt from the mandatory Hotel Booking Policy.
Torch Lighting Ceremony at San Diego Gulls Game
Saturday, February 17, 2018
Valley View Casino Center | 3500 Sports Arena Blvd, San Diego, CA | Parking - $15
Torch Lighting Ceremony | 5pm
Pre-Game Party | 5:30pm
Gulls vs. Ontario Reign | 7pm
At the Ceremony, teams will be recognized on the ice and captains will pass the torch to light the cauldron. Teams and spectators will also celebrate at the Pre-Game Party in the parking lot. Participants wear their team jersey and tennis shoes-no skates. Two coaches can walk on the ice with each team.
NEW THIS YEAR! The top 2 teams that purchase the most tickets will stand in the "High Five Tunnel" at the Gulls game! Two coaches can participate with each team.
To purchase tickets, fill and send the ticket form to email@example.com or fax to 619.359.4701. The first 30 teams to purchase tickets will have their schedules accommodated before Friday, December 8, 2017.
Additional Tournament Information:
- BRING ROSTER STICKERS FOR SCORESHEETS (16 stickers- enough for 4 games)
- First games will be held in the morning on Friday starting at 9am. Schedules will not be revised for a team's specific travel plans. Teams may submit a schedule request before the entry deadline via email.
- Cal State Games reserves the right to close a division before the registration deadline. Many divisions fill up fast.
- Championship games will be played on Monday. Final game on Monday is estimated to be finished by 4pm.
- All teams must show proof of USA Hockey team registration, team roster and release forms for each player prior to their first game.
- Most teams will play 15 minute stop time periods. 5 minute warm up time. No over time shall be permitted. Complete rules are posted above.
- See 8U Mite rules for their details.
- Rosters should be submitted with the entry form. Birthdate of each player needs to accompany the roster.